Monday, October 26, 2009

iPro

Andrew goes to Vanderbilt on Wednesday to get his first iPro! It is a new CGM (continuous glucose monitor) that will measure the glucose in his tissue every few minutes. He will only wear it for a week. We won't see the readings, but they will be recorded on a chip that will get returned to the doctor. Then we will return to Vanderbilt to get results and recommendations to fine tune his insulin regimen. I think it will be very helpful. Andrew is less excited. I mentioned the iPro a month ago & he immediately responded, "How big is the needle?" We told him this morning that he's going on Wednesday. He didn't say much, but I know he's scared. I think it will be a lot like getting a site. Some don't really bother him & others really hurt. I hope the iPro goes in easily for him!

1 comment: