Monday, October 26, 2009

Caught Up!

October 26, 2009. This blog is finally caught up with the present. I am surprised that anyone is still reading this, but it has been great fun to write. I plan to write about our adventure with the iPro since that starts on Wednesday.

Life is pretty routine now, although it still has its ups and downs. Today, Andrew's BG was 66 at 2 am. I gave him 15g juice & rechecked in 15 minutes. His BG was 59. I'm glad I was checking him! I have no idea why he dropped so low. Maybe he was more active at AWANA than I knew. I gave him more juice, waited 15 more minutes, retested, and gave him a small more complex snack. Andrew woke up with BG in the 200s. His BG was still high mid-morning, so the school nurse corrected. Sometime after 10 am, he felt low & asked to go to the nurse. On the way, his site pulled out of his leg. The nurse called me, & I left school to go change his site. By next year, he will be able to do it himself. The nurse watched, so she might be able to help him too. Since he was low, I walked him to the lunchroom before returning to school. When I got home, Andrew had gone to a new friend's house. My first thought was, "What about his diabetes?" Gene explained that he had taken his supplies & the mom seemed knowledgable. I was happy that Andrew might have another safe place to play. Then, after he got home, he had left his diabetic bag in their car. After driving to their house & not finding it, he remembered he had left it upstairs in our playroom. Where was it really? In the laundry room, which is actually where it is supposed to be so that it is handy from the kitchen or on the way out the door. Diabetes still makes me tired, and I'm not even the one who has it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still reading because I am learning so much I didn't know about diabetes.

    ReplyDelete