Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Checking In - Tuesday of Camp

I decided to call Tuesday & check on Andrew. The nurse who answered the phone said she hadn't seen him, and that was a good sign. She would have another nurse call back with how his numbers had been. The nurse who called back was very nice. She said that his numbers had been high Monday night, but they had corrected him & he was doing better that day. I got the sense from talking to her that she had probably never met Andrew. I understand. I can't imagine how they manage over 100 diabetic children! I decided not to bother calling again. I prayed for him & his site changes. That was his biggest fear about camp. He had never let anyone other than me do a site change. We had changed it right before he left in hopes that he would only have to change it once. When we checked in, they told him that it would be changed every other day at camp. He was not happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment