Sunday, September 20, 2009

Will I Have To Give Up TV If I Go To The Bathroom?

About a month after Andrew was diagnosed, his BG was running high. The body tries to get rid of the extra sugar by frequent urination. During the service, Andrew leaned over and whispered into my ear, "Will I have to give up TV for the rest of the day if I go to the bathroom?" I felt horrible! No, I hadn't noticed frequent trips at home prior to diagnosis, but he had a bad habit of leaving the church service during the sermon. I thought he was just looking for a distraction. Then Ryan started asking to go too. I told them to start going before church. If they forgot and distracted the entire church body, they'd have to give up tv for the day. Ryan suddenly was happy to stay in church, but Andrew left anyway. I remember thinking, "Wow, it must really worth it to him" because it happened more than once. Turns out, for the first year or so, his BG always ran high at church. We even made him run laps up and down the sidewalk before church to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment