Monday, September 7, 2009

On the School Bus

The math team had just won first place and we were on the way home when my cell phone rang. I was supposed to stop and buy groceries before coming home but Gene said, "Kimberly, where are you? You need to come straight home." He told me the news, but it was hard to process it. Even pregnant and emotional, I didn't cry. I even enjoyed a few minutes of denial thinking surely you can't get that kind of diagnosis that quickly. Denial lasted only until I heard how high his blood sugar was. The good part of being on the bus was that I was travelling with a colleague. He found out what I wanted taught while I was gone & handled the getting a sub and lesson plans for me. I remember telling him, "My life just changed forever" but I had no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment