Monday, September 7, 2009

At The Doctor

Gene took all four kids to the doctor while I was still at math team. We were just expecting to find out whether or not Andrew had an infection. The news came as a shock, "Andrew has diabetes. He needs to go to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital ASAP. They are expecting him. Expect to be there at least five days. Your other children won't be allowed in his room, so you need to find somewhere for them to stay." The children all circled around Andrew and hugged on him. The scene was apparently very touching, because the nurse and doctor told it to me several times. The doctor has four children of her own. She went home and told her husband that she hoped her children would react the same way in a crisis. I'm glad they did, but every time I heard the story I felt very guilty. At a time like this, the only person not there was MOM. I was on a school bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment