Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Perfect Test!

Kaitlyn's "test" this morning was perfect! Her fasting BG was 94. She had a Dr. Pepper & Hershey's bar for breakfast. She didn't feel very good, but her numbers were fine. I tested her BG just before getting the "sample" for the doctor & it was 142! I tested ketones myself so there would be no surprises. They were negative. At two hours, her BG was 105 where Normal is less than 140! Gene took the sample to the doctor & it was negative for both glucose & ketones! It's really miraculous that she handled that load so well when I saw a 227 yesterday. I expected a little spilt glucose. We are in a clear holding pattern. For now, I'm taking a mental vacation from Kaitlyn's issues. We will watch for symptoms, but otherwise I want her to enjoy the (diabetic) carefree time that she has left. Andrew is up & down horribly so it's time to focus on trouble shooting for him anyway!

1 comment: