Friday, July 23, 2010

Finally Peaceful Days

So, I didn't really take the mental vacation that I said I would in the last post. I contacted the doctors in Birmingham & got more information from them. I stayed up late at night researching immunology so I could understand medical reports. I got excited about Dr. Faustman's research, learned about HLA.... Right now, though, I'm not ready to take the risk involved. Maybe Diamyd. But not Teplizumab. I'm glad I had the time to do the research & time to calm down enough to realize that maybe I should say no. Anyway, I've come to a peaceful place where internet research no longer calls to me. Maybe it will put it all in perspective if/when she gets a diagnosis. It will be much simpler to deal with diabetes & not the clinical trials, two weeks of hospitalization, illness, etc.

Thanks also for your prayers for Andrew! His nighttime basals are finally working! He has been between 80 & 150s all night all week! I have my 5 nights in a row, so maybe we can start sleeping through the night. What were the rules? Check him only when he has been swimming, had ball practice, late site change... A late site change today means I check him tonight, but we may get some sleep between now & when school & football starts. I wonder what it feels like to sleep through the night???

1 comment:

  1. it's hard for moms not to continue to search for answers when it's their child. So glad you are feeling at peace.
    praying for sleeping through the night many nights in a row

    ReplyDelete