Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Glucose Test of Sorts Tomorrow

Kaitlyn went to her pediatrician for a stye in her eye today, so I filled the doctor in on the OGTT. The doctor asked if Trialnet had done any urine samples, and I said no. She wanted one, but Kaitlyn had just gone. So tomorrow we do the coke & candy bar test & give the doctor a sample. We've agreed to first thing in the morning since we have afternoon plans. I almost don't want to. I know morning results won't be good. We checked her numbers today after a later meal & they soared up quickly, but were within range within an hour. I don't think they would give insulin for that. If she is diagnosed before using insulin then she won't qualify for any of the trials. You have to be newly diagnosed & using insulin. I looked back on previous posts praying for open & closed doors. I have to accept that. I guess we will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment