Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Natural Med News

After finishing Andrew's appointment, we headed to a new place - Breath of Life. TI was very kind. She ran an electro-dermal screening (EDS) on Andrew. I have mixed feelings about the EDS. The screening is based on some sort of electrical current completing a circuit through acupuncture points. I won't pretend to understand it. You can read more about it at http://www.amomentspeace.net/tibishop/electrodermal.htm. I have had a couple of friends have very good results from getting a screening done. On the other hand, traditional medicine is not a fan. Most of his systems came up "red". He came up deficient in the vitamin D & calcium, which is okay since those are some of the supplements shown to help diabetics. I just got the generic of Viactin chews to help with that. She also thought he may have some issues with parasites & yeast. The yeast didn't surprise me. We are doing some kind of probiotic each day - kefir, yogurt, culturelle. I am very comfortable with those because we've used those with antibiotics before. Mom even switched Ben to sweet acidophilus milk recently during a little cold. When we gave him regular milk the next day, he regressed.

The parasite news scared me. My fear was what did she want me to do to my child to get rid of something I couldn't prove he had? She recommended Cell Food. It looked innocent enough & isn't supposed to have side effects. It is safe to take even if you don't have parasites. The bottle says it is a dietary supplement with dissolved oxygen, trace minerals, plant source amino acids & enzymes. He is to take 10 drops in water twice a day until the bottle is gone. Then he done. He took it last night & said he couldn't taste it. I've done an internet search & it seems okay. We will try it & see. She asked Andrew if he gets stomachaches. He said no, & she was surprised. The truth is, yes, he does. That is why I've worried about celiac. It will be interesting to see if the stomachaches disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment