Thursday, December 3, 2009

Donate Bone Marrow!

AJ was on Andrew's baseball team last Spring & was diagnosed with aplastic anemia. His life was saved by a bone marrow transplant from his brother. This is copied from his blog:

Austin's bone marrow saved my life! I was lucky to have a sibling match. But some people do not have matches in their family. They have to have strangers that help them. Maybe you could be one of those strangers who saves a live. Please join the bone marrow registry. It is free from now until the rest of the year. It is my Christmas wish to get at least 100 people to join the registry. Please help me reach this goal. The National Bone Marrow Registry has set up a special link to help me reach my goal.
Here is how to do it:
1. Log on to http://join.marrow.org/ajchristmaswish
2. Follow the directions.
3. They will send you a packet to complete and swabs for your cheeks.
4. Mail it back. You are one the registry. It is easy.
Austin is only 5 and he did! So can you! Remember you can help save a life.
AJ

It is normally $100 to register, but it is free until the end of the year. I joined, and it was easy! You have to be over 18 to join, but Andrew will never be able to join because he takes insulin. Anyone want to join for him? It's for a great cause! If you are interested, AJ's blog is wonderful & I learned a lot from it! http://ajrevera.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment