Saturday, September 25, 2010

I love CGM!

The CGM is so cool! It helps so much to see the trend graphs of where his blood sugar is going! We've had no lows today, but only because of the CGM. When it headed down sharply around 11:30, I instantly decided it was lunchtime- low avoided. It looked low again around 2:30, so we had a snack. Without the lows, these were bolused snacks & the best numbers I've seen in a long time. After he eats, he spikes to around 205 & then comes down. I really like this!

Dr. Matthew asked me to call numbers in on Friday, so I read the phone nurse our numbers for the week. She said it had to be the Glucocare, because she'd never seen anything like it. She's been type 1 since childhood herself too. Another first - she asked to run the numbers by someone else & call me back. We backed way off on insulin. For example, lunch ratios were 1:23 last week. I changed them to 1:25 earlier this week. Now they are 1:30. Basals went down three times this week too. I figured we'd see horribly high numbers, but we're not. Last night he had pizza without the extended bolus, so that didn't go well, but today's been great!

1 comment: