Friday, September 10, 2010

CGM & Glucocare

Today, Vanderbilt faxed in the narrative of why Andrew needs the CGM, and the school nurse faxed in the school BGs since we've had lots of lows at school. We'd already submitted 3 months of BGs, but the variability is easier to see when school & baseball is in session. We now have everything ready to submit to insurance on Monday morning!!!

A friend also shared that she has been using a herbal supplement called GlucoCare. Her daughter is type 1 & is getting good results with it. It is worth a try and is supposed . I ordered it Monday night & already have it. We are going to start with one meal a day & work our way up. I won't do lunch, because I don't want to have to deal with sending it to school. Dinner worries me a little since if it works he may need less insulin & I'd hate to have him low in his sleep. He could use help with breakfast, but have I mentioned he has had some really low morning lows at school? Right now, I'm thinking of starting for breakfast on Sunday. I hope this will be a much safer experiment soon with CGM!

No comments:

Post a Comment