Thursday, June 10, 2010

Family Camp Was Fantastic!

We had a great time at camp!!! I just haven't had much time to write about it! The kids had lots of great experiences tubing, water sliding, canoeing, swimming, and at riflery, the cargo net, zip line, etc. The counselors at camp are so wonderful too! They are all 18+ young adult diabetics who are so amazing with the kids, even the smallest of them. I will definitely take Ben next year! The kids all felt normal checking their blood sugar, taking insulin, etc. & were safe at all their activities. The parents attended education sessions in the morning while the kids played &/or had education of their own. I enjoyed making friends with other parents of diabetic children & discussing some of the issues that are unique to parenting them. I also realized that I am really lucky to have the medical support team that we have!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how camp went... glad y'all had a great time

    ReplyDelete