Friday, November 13, 2009

iPro Results!

I was excited to get an email at work today saying the results were ready from the iPro & that we could discuss them over the phone instead of driving to Nashville!!! Ann (the nurse) called me on my way home & said the iPro showed that Andrew is running too high for the first two hours after every meal & then dropping too low. She recommends raising the basal rate to assist with the after meal highs, but then reducing the carb ratio so that he doesn't drop so low 3 hours post meal. It sounds logical to us, & we were very excited to have something to try. She also made some changes to his nighttime regimen. I was feeling great about it, but so far the results haven't been good:

5:14 56; ate 2 hard candies from low box. Dinner followed shortly after. Programmed pump with new settings.
5:58 Bolus for dinner at higher carb ratio;
7:29 327 Bolus for BG & drink
8:36 401 Bolus
We were at the Bob Jones football game & left after the third quarter because he wasn't feeling well from the high BG. We listened to the Patriot victory on the radio, and it did save us a lot of time in getting out of the parking lot!

Andrew could be rebounding from the low earlier. No ketones. I will keep a watch on him through the night. I would so love to sleep through the night again! I checked him just after midnight last night because he had been running high. He was doing great, so I planned on sleeping through until morning. I woke up around 2 am, so I asked the Lord if He had woken me to check on Andrew. Sure enough, Andrew's BG was 48. Please pray for Andrew! Please pray for wisdom as we seek to make the right changes. Please pray that he can enjoy his birthday tomorrow. I hope he doesn't feel this badly at his party. He asked me at the game tonight, "Can I go to my party if my BG is still high tomorrow?" Of course, the answer is yes.

2 comments:

  1. Sigh..... sounds like the changes aren't working as well as expected :( Hope you're able to get it figured out soon.
    Today's a busy bday day in Summerfield - it's also my husband's bday

    ReplyDelete